The reasons for transferring an existing application to a new OS are manifold. Change to a different hardware, planned use on different platforms or phased out operating systems, such as Windows CE or Embedded Compact. e-GITS is your partner to transfer existing applications to a different operating system.
Our cross-platform approach, that we mainly realize with the Qt-Framework, and years of experience in developing software for Embedded Linux, Windows, Linux, Android and iOS gives you the security to efficiently and safely switch to a new environment.
Workshop to survey the current situation
As diverse as the reasons for an application migration are, as diverse is the project process. Every software is unique: That's why we start your application porting projects with a workshop to assess your needs and provide initial recommendations for action.
Components of our workshop " Migration of existing applications":
- Analysis of the existing software
- Requirements frontend
- Requirements backend
- Analysis of cost-based software
- Creation of a stringent architecture model based on the new hardware and firmware
- Calculation of the scope of the frontend
- Calculation of the backend
- Gathering of new requirements
- Creation of a software quality process
- Integration into automated build processes
- Calculating the execution time of the identified tasks
Duration depending on the software scope of the existing software approx. 1-2 days